Features and Benefits of the Anti-Hairsnare Plus
1. The Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ is the only available drain cover with an anti-hair entanglement design. It works automatically on a self-shedding principle when bathers raise their heads (see Figure 2).
2. The hi-low step design of the fingers on the Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ prevents children from vacuum sealing the drain system with their buttocks. This precludes child evisceration (see Figure 3).
3. The dome combined with the hi-low step design of the Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ prevents a child from forming a vacuum seal over the drain thereby completely eliminating the hazard of body entrapment (see Figure 4). The anti-vacuum character of the Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ is more effective than that of any current anti-vortex drain cover.
4. The openings in the Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ will reject the insertion of an 8mm rod. Based on Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) studies, this will prevent toe and finger entrapment of young children. Pool toys will not pass through the grating (see Figure 3).
5. The Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ is childproof. The hi-low step design is uncomfortable to sit or stand on; the under 8mm openings prevent an interference grip. This precludes the development of large upward forces on the drain cover that might separate it from the main drain.
6. The TSS-2000C complies with the American National Standards Institute requirements of ASME/ANSI A112.19.8M-1996 "Suction Fittings for Use in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, and Whirlpool Bath Applications." This standard deals with strength, stiffness, and safe flow rate.
7. The TSS-2000C complies with NSF International requirements of ANSI/NSF Standard 50-2000, "Circulation System Components and Related Materials for Pools, Spas/Hot Tubs." This standard includes special material criteria.
8. The Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ exceeds the strength requirements of ANSI. The design is so robust it will support a load of over 2000 lbs.
9. The stiffness of model TSS-2000C is three times greater than that required by ANSI.
10.The Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ has by far the highest safe flow rate for circular drain covers: 137 gal/min ÷ 1.25 = 109.6 gal/min.
11.The TSS-2000C has been "third party certified" to ASME/ANSI A112.19.8M-1996 and ANSI/NSF Standard 50-2000 by the industry leader for product evaluation, NSF International.
12. The material used in model TSS-2000C has the highest known resistance to ultraviolet radiation (UV) and chlorine that has ever been certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 50-2000 for pool drain covers.
13. A manual backup procedure may be used in unusual circumstances to remove hair from the Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ (see Figure 6). The fingers of the drain cover provide an escape geometry similar to a comb. Strands of hair disengage from the fingers when moved into the central hole in the drain cover.
14. The universal fastening design of Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ allows it to be retrofitted onto every known circular main drain except the Sta-Rite (Swim Quip). A special adapter ring has been designed to accommodate the Sta-Rite (Swim Quip) type main drains.
15. The adapter ring designed for the TSS-2000C will also serve as a heavy duty support frame or mud ring. The same material is used in the mud ring as that certified for the TSS-2000C drain cover.
16. The Anti-Hair Snare Plus™ is covered by utility patent, Pat. 6,088,842 and by design patent, Pat. D439,957 S.
17. Automatic pool cleaner friendly.
18. Non-conductive material composition.
19. Two Year Limited Warranty - longest in the pool industry.
20. The TSS-2000C weighs 15 oz. Most circular main drain covers weigh between 4 and 7 oz.
21. The TSS-2000C has an intake flow area of 9.09 square inches. This is over four times larger than the inside area of a 1-1/2 in. diameter PVC pipe.